1 Minute Microwave Mug Breakfasts (with Egg-Free recipes)
Hi, Bold Bakers! If you like my 1 Minute Microwave Mug Cakes, then I think you’ll love my NEW Mug Breakfasts! I’ll show you how to make a lovely Blueberry Muffin, Cinnamon Roll Cake & Chocolate French Toast.
Blueberry Muffin Mug Cake,
4 tbsp flour
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1/8 tsp baking powder (a ½ of a ¼ tsp)
1/16 tsp baking soda (a ¼ of a ¼ tsp)
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vegetable oil
10 fresh blueberries
1 tbsp (½ oz/ 15g ) cold butter
1 1/2 tbsp flour
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar (or white)
¼ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1. Mix everything listed in muffin ingredients except blueberries into a microwave safe mug with a small whisk. Drop blueberries in, spreading them out.
2. In a small bowl, mix streusel ingredients with a fork until butter pieces resemble breadcrumbs.
3. Sprinkle streusel on top of muffin batter, spreading out evenly across the surface.
4. Microwave for around 1 minute or until firm in the center of the cake (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
5. Enjoy immediately!
French Toast in a Mug
2 slices of bread, buttered (White, challah, brioche)
5 tbsps milk
2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sugar)
1 tablespoon of chocolate chips/ chunks
1. In your microwavable mug, mix together the egg, milk, syrup until combined
2. Cut your bread into square bit sized pieces
3. Add the bread to the mug and press them down so they are submerged within the liquid
4. Add the chocolate chips to the mug and give a little stir to incorporate them into the mixture
5. This mug cake might take longer than other cakes. Microwave for 1/ 1 minute 20 seconds or until firm in the center of the cake. (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
6. Let cool for about 1-2 minutes
7. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top
8. Enjoy immediately!
Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake
(Adapted from http://www.cookingclassy.com/2012/03/…)
2 Tbsp applesauce (or mashed banana)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil (any flavorless oil)
2 Tbsp milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp flour
1 ½ Tbsp packed light brown sugar
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
Cream Cheese Icing
1 Tbsp Cream Cheese or Neufchatel Cheese, at room temp
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp milk
1. Combine all ingredients in a mug then whisk together with a fork until combined and nearly smooth.
2. Microwave mixture on high power for 1 minute then check the cake for doneness. If it is not fully cooked microwave for an additional 15 seconds. (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
3. Serve warm topped with Prepare Cream Cheese Icing by mixing all of the ingredients together in a bowl by hand until smooth
4. Enjoy immediately!